Now here’s a question that keeps running through my head lately, and maybe because I keep imagining receiving these amounts in my bank account, which for the records, I don’t actually.
No, not even close.
So what would you do if you were given $1000?
- Grab the latest and biggest LV handbag or keep hold of the latest tech gadget,
- Dump all the money into the POSBank and watch it grow by $1 annually,
- Be charitable; treat the family to a meal and donate a portion,
- Invest the amount into a potential business plan, and work at it, or;
- Return the money, cos you think you don’t deserve it.
Seriously, how many of us would have chosen 5 as an option?
Perhaps its easy when the amount is as accomodating as $1000, but what happens when it balloons to $10,000?
Now sadly, topics like these aren’t being taught in schools, at least not the ones where I studied or know of, and it’s knowledge of handling these situations that dictates how a society turns out.
So what would you do?