Apr 24, 2015 Overheard
Don’t get me wrong, I love how movies interact with the common mind — especially one like mind — that’s open to concepts, ideas, imaginations and endless adventures.
And these are just some of the movies that have truly provided me with a memorable adventure thus far this year, and in no rank or order:
- Good Kill: Ethan Hawke’s quiet, dour, pent-up frustration culminating in self-disgust and climaxing in a self-righteous moment is one hell of the adventure of a ‘war on terror’.
- The Imitation Game: Alan Cumberbatch’s faith is unwavering and his commitment is self-afflicting.
- Voices: Ryan Reynolds can do no wrong in probably his best ever screen time as a self-appreciating and conflicted man.
- St Vincent: Bill Murray still entertaining when he’s not trying to entertain, and indeed a saint-like ending.
- Penguins of Madagascar: Just entertainingly hilarious and a wildly crazy ride.
- The Hunger Games: The Mockingjay: Part 1: A quiet, serene crescendo building up towards something good. Hopefully.
- Interstellar: Out of this world, but ending a bit too ambitious, but still a mind boggling trip.
- Rurouni Kenshin: A Legend Ends: Stylistic japanese samurai-era fight scenes and cinematograpy/choreography.
- John Wick: A cool, neverending anti-hero, heroic story.
- Birdman: Not quite my movie of the year, but a refreshing journey into a new style of filmmaking.
- Gone Girl: A clever murder movie that’s gripping.
- The Mule: Disgustingly got me hooked till the end. Has to be good right?
- Nightcrawler: In your face, unethical, but thrilling like an illegal joy-ride.
- Dark City: Never too late to enjoy the best that sci-fi has ever introduced.
- Interstellar: The more you watch, the longer you ponder. The longer you begin to ponder, the more you yearn to watch again.
- RuRouni Kenshin: I want to watch this piece over and over and over.
- St Vincent: I teared at the end, but it’s just deservingly touching, and I’m sure I’ll still be entertained watching it second or third coming.
Apr 13, 2015 Me, Myself & I
A little recap of the stuffs I note and spend on over at Jatujak Weekend Market!
Nice Shirts – 200Baht x 4
Tshirts – 100Baht x 3
Soccer Jerseys – 206Baht x3
Socks – 20Baht x 3
iPhone 5 Cover – 35Baht x 2
Soft Blanket – 140Baht x 1
Handkerchiefs – 25Baht x 4
HALAL KEBAB, opp sect 28